View Single Post
Old 18th July 2008
Port Guard

EMACS line-editing keys in just about anything that doesn't support them (so yay for Opera, modulo ^W, and I can probably work around that somehow). GNOME2 especially--<shift>+<home>, <del> just isn't as convenient as ^U. and ^U in firefox really bugs me, since it's not just a no-op as elsewhere.

when I started using Opera, ^N was the key to open a new "page" (tab), and that's still in my bindings. takes me a while to remember ^T in other browsers. I also have gotten used to w3m's {} to switch tabs and added those bindings to opera, so I get distressed in other browsers if I try that.

nothing particularly unique, but I, too, often hit <esc> when done typing in any non-vi(-alike) editor.

any computer that isn't my own tends to have a PC-layout keyboard (<caps> to the left of 'a'), while I'm used to sun's unix-layout keyboards (type 5c + Sun-to-USB at work, type 6 USB at home--<ctrl> in the home row) or xmodmap workarounds on my laptops. really annoying in vim when the <caps> gets enabled and I immediately try to undo whatever I've typed in ALL CAPS (don't really know what cap-U does, but it's not exactly what I want at the time).

and finally, trying to use putty when it's set up for "compromise" copy/paste (paste with right button).