View Single Post
Old 5th August 2011
Port Guard

I never experienced that problem. The modem was actually a SB5101, now it's a SBG6580 with all the gateway features disabled. The problem I was having is that it was constantly going off line starting two weeks ago Saturday. It would go offline anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. I know they are upgrading the system to add phone service but according to the cable tech here today that work is done and should have only caused disruptions for a few days late at night two weeks ago. I've had problems several times a day everyday for almost two weeks now. All I want is for it to be working flawlessly by Saturday night so when I buy the UFC PPV I'm not spending more time troubleshooting and resetting network gear than I am watching the fights. I'd hate to have to put a triangle choke on my cable modem.

I need to follow my own advice I give to customers. They call with a strange problem and the first thing I tell them to do is reboot. Nine times out of ten that solves the problem, yet rebooting is always the last resort for me, go figure.