View Single Post
Old 12th August 2008
Spam Deminer

I use the latest version of Xfce 4 and the changes going into Xfce 4.6 are very exciting. I particularly look forward to seeing the Xfconf interface, which is supposed to handle all settings and will contain import and export functions of the configuration to make cloning and restoration of the environment easy. I also am excited for the built-in OpenGL compositor, which is supposed to be included along side the current one. It will bring support for adjustable shadows, shadow colors, and a few other basic effects. I hope that they stay true to the word basic because if they pull a Vista or a KDE, I will be upset. Compiz is enough for that and Compiz and Xfce work very well together. What Xfce should have is a set of simple effects that enhance usability and that, above all, are completely optional.