View Single Post
Old 27th October 2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDfan666 View Post
You keep trying to peddle OSS@FreeBSD, what makes that better then OpenBSD's existing framework?
I "peddle" OSS@FreeBSD or OSS4 which you forgot prolably. I "peddle" them because of easy porting audio aplications, standarization, everybody use OSS and everybody are happy, simple, even KISS.

Quote:
commits go in every day.. improving drivers, fixing bugs..
Thats what open source software is all about, whats the diffrence here?

Quote:
They have a compatibility layer, they have a native layer... and they have a new multiplexing layer..
Layers ... people love to create them, if morethen better. This is what I am talking about mate, use ONE layer everywhere, for example OSS, didnt taht makes things simpler?

Quote:
If you still don't agree with this, fine.. but how is it any different from FreeBSD's implementation of OSS? why do you also assume it's better?
We do not have to agree, but we can respect each other.

Better? Its just very good OSS implementation that works very good, you do not have to port anything if it comes to audio part of the port, it will just work.

Quote:
Eventually this will turn into a flame war, I don't want that.. to be fair, this is the OpenBSD section, and you are FreeBSD user, different philosophies are going to happen.. you're free to gloat about how better everything is in the other sections. (You know, the ones at the top of the forum index..).
As every other section its purpose is discussion, what discusion you would have with all the same votes, "yes its great", "indeed, its fabulous", "yeah its the best", "right, thats the way to go", you see ANY discusion in recent quotes?

The things we currently do in this thread is discussion, but I think that you are taking it little too personally mate.

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd