View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th October 2017
Package Pilot

EDIT

OKO I've just found out where the problem stood.

It was related to my urtwn driver.

Since:
- urtwn on DrahonflyBSD complained about altq_maxlen not being set when attaching to my WiFi dongle

- wireless connection was unstable and went up and down

I had asked about that on #dragonflybsd IRC channel, and mods suggested me to patch the driver. I struggled to do so even following their indications, but finally had made it through.
However this was making my dhclient going crazy when downloading large files. I went back to native driver,connevcultion is loose,but no more overheating now

.................................................. ....... ..............

Thanks very much for your reply Oko,
I can see you've got a similar configuration on the same processor. Judging from your CPU temp, my temperature on idle, despite being a little bit higher than yours, shall be considered more or less normal .

The only thing that still doesn't add up are these sudden, intense overheatings and poweroffs.

I'll try to disable some services, look in dmesg and logs in order to find out a clue, then if I can't work it out myself, I'll probably subscribe to the mailing list.

By the way, I'm starting to love this OS so much.
As I mentioned, my laptop has never been so fast. Dragonfly provides many interesting tools and hammer seems very stable. It's a pity that it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Still seems these 10 developers have been doing a superb job so far.

Last edited by Sehnsucht94; 15th October 2017 at 05:25 PM.