Thread: HP iPAQ H4155
View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th November 2010
New User

Default HP iPAQ H4155

Hello everyone.

I just stumbled upon an HP iPAQ that has no real use due to smart phones. I was wanting to mess around with putting NetBSD on it, but I don't know where to start. I couldn't find anything online to help guide me in my conquest. I've installed BSD and Linux variants on many different computers, but never on a peripheral device. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated...

So far the only use I've gotten out of it is to doodle on the "Notes" program. I drew a pretty cool frog caricature, but that's about it. If I could get a Unix-based command line interface with accessible utilities, I might actually get some real use out of it, if not just pure enjoyment from accomplishing the task...

Also, if anyone can concoct any useful attributes of it's existing OS (Pocket PC 2003 Premium w/ Outlook 2002), that might serve as some entertainment as well. At least, if it had "Snake" I could occupy some time. I can't let this useless artifact go to waste! It must constitute some higher purpose than just a mere frog doodle!!!