View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th February 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsarpal View Post
I recently installed OpenBSD 5.2 macppc on an Apple Powerbook G4. I can provide more info if needed but as a starting point, the bwi driver never worked for me and crashes every time I try to configure the card, continued blue lines.
Welcome!

This is a small site, & unfortunately most here don't have experience with OpenBSD on the macppc architecture. Nevertheless, it appears you have dug into the problem enough to surmise that if the same hardware works with OS X, then it is most likely a firmware or driver issue on OpenBSD's side.

You really need to be talking to the project developers about this issue. Although a few OpenBSD developers read this site on occasion, the regulars here are not officially associated with the project, as this site exists independently of the OpenBSD project. Your best bet for resolution is to communicate directly with the developers themselves.

OpenBSD 5.2 was tagged in CVS August 2012, & there has been a number of months of development since. The first question any project developer is going to ask is whether you find resolution by running a recent snapshot of -current. If you are not familiar with OpenBSD's flavors, study Section 5.1 of the FAQ.

With respect to contacting the project developers, you can either post to the project mailing lists, or send a formal report. In my opinion, the best option you have is to file a bug report. Information on submitting can be found below:

http://www.openbsd.org/report.html

OpenBSD"s beta development is quickly ending for OpenBSD 5.3. I have no knowledge of whether your problem will be resolved in 5.3 as I have no official ties to the OpenBSD project. Again, the first step you should try is to install -current, & test there.

Last edited by ocicat; 15th February 2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: clarity