View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th March 2010
Complete openbsd beginner

Default Thanks for the tip BSDfan666

Thanks for the tip BSDfan666.

I will have a look.

All I can say is I'm loving this Openbsd. I have always toyed around with electrical equipment for years and been on computers in various types.

What I can say for Openbsd is the anatomy of file system is great for a logical breakdown of things.

Now I'm looking into cobbling together a pf rule set and hopefully someone can have a look here and give me the nod as to it's integrity.

Then its on to finding some form of native openbsd intrusion detection system like tripwire nut a openbsd flavour. That is of course unless you people don't think one is necessary. It would be great to have most bases covered and getting an audit trail back to potential compromises would be great (of course this is an art in itself).

So many things to do and my weekend is running out very quickly then it's back to the grind. Damn

What I can say though is if you do this for a living it certainly is a full time job because presumably you would have numerous system all running different OS and all suffering from needed patches etc. It makes my head spin just thinking about it . I take my hat off to you all.

Regards

Pico