View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th March 2016
Fdisk Soldier

Question troubles getting a wifi key working, and mounting about any flashkey I think

Hello everyone.
First installation in a lot of time(subjectivily, but no more than one year I think). I used the opportunity of a global crash of a linux system, from I fortunately could get back my data, to try once again Netbsd. I need internet of course, I have got an atheros wifi stick seen as athn0. My network is VodafoneMobileWiFi-C6F222 and my passphrase 7297854146, Windows says the security is WPA2. I never used a wireless network from the CLI.

I can’t copy the whole log files as I discovered I don’t know how to mount a memory stick or any disk on netbsd … I supposed it was simply ‘mount –t msdos /dev/sd0a /mnt/sandisk00’ but the result is ‘mount_msdos /dev/sd0a on /mnt/sandisk00’. I precise : the flashkey is not new, has a fine FAT16 or 32 filesystem, and is readable from linux and windows(from which I am writing). I would be glad to fix that problem first, I think.

Excerpts from /var/run/rc.log
Code:
[running /etc/rc.d/mountcriticlocal]
mount : Unknown special file or file system ‘/var'
mount : Unknown special file or file system ‘/ust'
[running /etc/rc.d/random_seed
random_seed : /var/db/entropy_file : Not present
athn0 : Failed to initialize wpa_supplicant
athn0 : Failed to initialize driver interface
/etc/rc.d/wpa_suppplicant exited with code 1
Building databases : deviconfig : setifbroadaddr : getifflags : Device not configured
, utmp, tmpx
at the end of dmesg's output :
Code:
athn0: could not load firmware (35)
rc.conf in totality (what I changed):
Code:
HOSTNAME=«sentinel166»
raidframe=YES
wscons=YES
dhclient=YES
dhclient_flags=«-nw athn0»
wpa_supplicant=YES
wpa_supplicants_flags=«-B –i athn0 –c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf»
critical_filesystems_local=«/var /usr»
My network protection is WPA2, so I did
‘wpa_passphrase VodafoneMobileWiFi-C6F222 7297854146 >> etc/wpa_supplicant.conf’
Though, interestingly, if I let the wifi key already plugged in at boot, it can't charge the driver, and doesn't appear in the output of 'ifconfig'. But it does appear if I plug it in after boot, after logging in for instance. Though, despite wpa_supplclient, dhclient etc the status is always 'no network'

I pray all the gods in the universe to help us make this dream come true : me, running a workable Netbsd !
thanks !