View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th March 2011
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocicat View Post
You would be advised to do more homework. Wine currently does not run as expected on OpenBSD.

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&w=2&r=1&s=wine&q=b

Most applications whose source can be downloaded from the Internet are increasingly designed for Linux, & OpenBSD is not the same either in terms of libraries or file locations. If one of the applications already ported to OpenBSD will suffice, it is always better to use them. For more information, take the time to study Section 15 of the official FAQ.

Blindly downloading source from the Internet to any application will typically require changes to conform to OpenBSD. Given that porting is typically time intensive & requires deep knowledge of the application itself, help provided here will be minimal at best.

As a newcomer to OpenBSD, it is highly recommended that you take the time now, while new to the operating system, to study OpenBSD's documentation. Begin with the entirety of the FAQ. The manpages are among the best available on any platform, & the official mailing lists help provide further perspective.

Good luck.
Thank you I appreciate your words

I use Fedora 3 years
But decided to enter the world of UNIX
i am install the system and programs through the system documentation
But still I have a forex software is a Windows format
I will experimenting with QEMU
Thank you all for helping me