View Single Post
Old 5th September 2008
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbsduser View Post
I know it sound silly to us. But believe me for some ppl it IS hard. And to make things worse unlike our beloved OS´s we can´t just debug and mod ppl´s behavior because we don´t have the sources.

I´m also thinking about getting an account there. Just to get some sanity across.

Also, an update. Installed BSD, but had to roll back to Sabayon x86 because the win98 driver (only one that works with this POS rtl8187b internal card) doesn´t seem to work in ndisulator (dunno why) and I need wifi (since my ISP gave us a wifi-only DSL modem). Ohh well at least it´s gentoo based, so I won´t be missing the ports system as badly.
BTW: I´m planning to resurrect an old Mac PPC that I´m gonna use to do my torrenting and background downloads. I´m gonna stick FreeBSD on it (it´s a fairly old Mac so compatibility isn´t going to be an issue).
(*BSD = Infinity) > Gentoo
(Ports = Infinity) > Portage