View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th June 2011
Banned

Sure it works.

Depends.

You can run Debian and FreeBSD at the same time and a Linux compat layer. Very few take advantage of this.

It was run by Aurelian Jarno- I'm not sure if it is now. The name means little to those outside of the qemu and debian communities.

Generally, the OpenBSD community finds no use for either FreeBSD, NetBSD, or any other. There are plenty of jokes about such systems on the mailing lists- and here with Oko's reply. Any OpenBSD developer that wishes to help someone using anything else, has to do such in secret for fear of ridicule and ostracization. I'm on the mailing lists, so I know what is said. Before it is said; yes, there is a lot of spam and flamebaiting. There are the occasional honest questions which do get bombarded by the mob.

Most debian users won't use the Debian/kFreeBSD system because of the GNU "holiness" attitude. Hearing about Stallman gets old fast.

Use it if you want. Make your own decision. The answers here are based on opinion.
I'll need to explain the last statement. Even with experience, your judgment will be affected by your perception and attitude. Mental perception is not an absolute and is prone to human error. Emotions and personal situations affect judgment.