View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th June 2011
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninguem View Post
Generally, the OpenBSD community finds no use for either FreeBSD, NetBSD, or any other. There are plenty of jokes about such systems on the mailing lists- and here with Oko's reply.
This is totally ridiculous statement and shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to OpenBSD community. We like to use the right tool for the right job and more often then not OpenBSD is not a right tool for a job. OpenBSD web-site for one was run for ages on Solaris for a good reasons. I wish I could use NetBSD for super computing for which OpenBSD is ill suited but the lack of commercial support is preventing me. Many, many OpenBSD users use FreeBSD for ZFS. Development of PPC compiler is more or less joint NetBSD and OpenBSD enterprise.

Quote:
Any OpenBSD developer that wishes to help someone using anything else, has to do such in secret for fear of ridicule and ostracization. I'm on the mailing lists, so I know what is said.
So how many developers do you know personally? That is just a pile of c*666.

Quote:
Most debian users won't use the Debian/kFreeBSD system because of the GNU "holiness" attitude. Hearing about Stallman gets old fast.
This sounds very much like my argument which you apparently didn't read carefully. Most BSD users would not use Debian/kFreeBSD system because of strong preference for BSD over GNU userland.

Quote:
Use it if you want. Make your own decision. The answers here are based on opinion.
+1
Finally, something intelligent in your post.

Last edited by Oko; 10th June 2011 at 06:10 PM.