View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2011
Linux/ Unix User

The one thing i find about Debian/kFreeBSD is the partitioner, it is the most fussy OS i know. It doesn't accept anything less than a primary partition (very annoying if you already have 3 primaries). Although now that i think about it Windows is pretty fussy & annoying also, i rank them on nearly same level of annoyingness for problems & issues but windows outstrips it with their constant bugs and working failures of the most basic tools.
Another consistent thing i have found is a USB error, installed it on 4 different comps & a virtualbox and you still get the same usb error. Which is wierd because installing the standard FreeBSD will not present this error. No matter how many ways or systems you install it on.
Those are the main reasons why i don't use it (more the usb error, it f's up my keyboard), handling a simple hardware incompatibility or software problem that is 1 off is kool, but a consistent error is just f'ing frustrating (especially with an unresponsive keyboard).
Its just easier in my opinion to run FreeBSD and compile what you want yourself (also more satisfying), unless you just like the idea of having the "Debian" brand name in front of it.

Last edited by SL6-A2000; 22nd August 2011 at 02:15 AM.