View Single Post
Old 26th June 2011
VPN Cryptographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetsmoker View Post
rather than criticizing Microsoft for moving to slow, I would applaud them for moving *at all*. You catch more with honey than with vinegar and all that
No I won't. Microsoft has lost half its market share due to its non-compliance and continues to fight everyone else tooth and nail. See WebGL, SVG, WebM, Ogg. I mention SVG even though they have half attempted at supporting it but that effort is only two years old while SVG has been around for over a decade.

I've had many an online battle with Chris Wilson who was lead developer of IE. He now works at Google and last told me, "If I was really in charge, things would have turned out a lot different (with IE)."

I had such a heated exchange with the Microsoft guy in charge of SVG (I forgot his name) that I told him what orifices he could crawl into.

Congratulating Microsoft is like congratulating GM on the great job they're doing in the car industry now that they've botched that all up and will forever be playing catch up...begrudgingly. That's how Microsoft does things. Cause they're losing market share, the internet as a whole and mobile in particular. They don't want to improve their browser but they have to.

And they're STILL three years behind everyone else.

Last edited by drhowarddrfine; 26th June 2011 at 11:20 PM.