View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th May 2008
Arp Constable

My LAN consists of five machines, one windows box (family), one game/test machine (XP, Linux, FreeBSD) serving as my desktop, a junked desktop in dire need of some RAM so I can put it to use, a desktop turned server running OpenBSD, and of course

My darling Dixie, a gateway laptop with a Sempron 3300+ (2.0Ghz), 512MB DDR, 80GB hard drive, ATI Radeon X-press 200/300M (depending on whether you trust retailer or the vendor), and omni-function enough CD/DVD burner running PC-BSD and functioning as my primary computer ;-).

Every thing works fine except the onboard modem and wireless (I use a Netgear WG511T card instead).

Code:
Terry@dixie$ uname -a                                                      3:52
FreeBSD dixie.launchmodem.com 6.3-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE-p1 #6: Fri Apr 11 13:03:49 EDT 2008     root@pcbsd:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PCBSD  i386

I find PC-BSD useful, since I don't rely on the FreeBSD install cd's for more then the base system and installing KDE or Gnome != quick through ports or packages. Which is probably why most times I setup FreeBSD desktops running X, I usually use blackbox or wmaker hehe.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.