View Single Post
Old 30th January 2009
ISO Quartermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broodjegehaktmetmayo View Post
Ok, so actually you are saying that website with its 616 Watt is rubbish. I suspected that already, and I was also more or less 'drifting' towards the 500W, even 'though its twice the cost of a 430W ().
I've built two overclocked Intel quad core systems that are outfitted a lot like yours, but with extra drives. 500W is more than plenty. 430W is fine too, but I like detachable cables, and those came in a 520W Corsair (if I remember right).
Quote:
my experience with onboard sound is that as far as quality of the output is concerned it doesn't go far beyond the 'bleep' of my first 286 ().
I find computer speakers to be a lot more limiting than the DSPs on the motherboard. I've not checked their quality on my big stereo, so I cannot say anything about their ultimate quality, but typical computer speakers are awful. Good enough for their application -- yes. But as audio devices they are terrible.

Listen to Vermaden, too. I've seen rumblings about the Seagate drives, but I've not been in the market recently. The last two builds I did I used mirrored 500GB WD drives. They have been fine so far.

What case do you intend to use?