View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th June 2009
New User

It's nice to receive some advice from a competent person, especially when it's about learning. And i am very grateful for that advice. But would you please be so kind and recommend me one of those textbooks you mention in your post that can help me to better understand how exactly DNS works?

I am, in fact, student of nature sciences with some computer science courses and i would never be a computer science professional. If i were student of hardcore computer sciences at some tehnical university i wouldn't ask for such an advice on forums because it would not be very smart way for me to try to cover up for my incompetence. It isn't very smart from me now either, but i think that i can at least try in given circumstances when i alone must do something that two students were assigned to.
In our computer courses we don't get much in-deep with some things and we didn't get deep with understanding of how exactly network card or DNS physically work.

I wanted at least for someone who understands how DNS and BSD really work to explain me why do i need two network cards. I got the answer and i must say it pretty good cleared out to me why there must be two network cards and what i should do next. I dont need step-by-step instructions nor did i asked for them.

Thank you.