View Single Post
Old 31st January 2012
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdOp View Post
It's getting hard for me to follow this, without knowing exactly what you've done, or seen output from the commands.
Well, it seems that the problem has been caused by NetBSD's partitioning. As we've seen in some post above, it seems that it has invaded the neighbor's yard with one of its subpartitions by 189 sectors. Linux utilities do see the NertBSD slice, but, they don't see its subpartitions, so, if I make (in Linux) a partition adjacent to the slice, it will cross the border of a slice's subpartition. I think (and I'm waiting for some comment) that, expanding the slice (if I manage to do it), I should fill the whole space that will remain after I delete the partition in the middle. But, when I'll be creating the new subpartition (if I manage to boot ), I think I shoud abstain from going to the bottom, that is, I should leave a couple of hundreds of free sectors at the border of the slice. (Of curse, I should reflect it in the disklabel table.)

Quote:
(Also, I never used sfdisk, plain fdisk has always worked for me.)
For the next step (the decisive one) it looks like I'll have to use plain fdisk anyway. I'm not sure whether some other Linux utility (parted?) can deal with the NetBSD slices.