View Single Post
Old 31st January 2012
Too dumb for a smartphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillindu View Post
HUHHH!
My advice was a bit mixed up, but I think you can still do it with fdisk. It's trickier because we're dealing with logical partitions (which form a linked list in the extended partition), rather than primary partitions. What will happen when you delete the partition is the ones after it will be renumbered downward by 1. Then when you create the new partition to replace the one you deleted, it will be put at the end of the list. This is not good, but you can fix it by going into expert mode in fdisk. That is option x. In expert mode, use option f to fix the ordering, and option p to print the new table so you can check it. Then back to the regular menu (non-expert) with r. If you can't get it to do what you want, exit fdisk without saving changes, and try to think of another way.

Quote:
This time, I would do it with the correct size, to cover all a+b+h (and now also the future g) space, that is - to include also the part that has been missing from c since the very beninning. What do you think about?
Well, I wouldn't put into the NetBSD slice any space that you want to use for an ext2 partition. Keep those outside. Only put NetBSD filesystems and swap inside its slice.