View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th August 2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipc View Post
I cannot seem to find a suitable reference/citation manager for academic work.
Unfortunately, this community is small, & the number of regulars who answer (most) questions can be counted on one hand. Most here, probably find that the bookmarks feature supplied by most browsers sufficient.

Nevertheless, I have two suggestions.
  • While someone may join in on this thread offering a reasonable alternative, my first thought would be to post to a larger audience which would be the official misc@ or ports@ mailing lists.
    • ports@ is most likely the most appropriate list, but many incorrectly post questions about applications on misc@.
    • Posting to misc@ will reach a larger audience.
    Information on subscribing to the official OpenBSD mailing lists can be found at the following:

http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html
  • Secondly, OpenBSD 5.5 at this time, is nearly 7-8 months past its development phase. Firefox 31.0 will be available in the upcoming 5.6 release which is officially to be made available 1 November 2014. Development for OpenBSD 5.6 is winding down now, & snapshots of the development branch will currently be very close to what will be available in November. My second sugggestion is to download a current snapshot, & install Firefox 31 through packages (verified for the amd64 platform). You might find that these plugins work there, but I have no knowledge whether this is a true. It may be worth the time for you to investigate.

If you are unfamiliar with the different flavors of OpenBSD's development, please read Section 5.1 of the official FAQ.