View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th February 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinform3n View Post
So, if somebody as a good idea...
Given that the only mention of the version used is OpenBSD 5.2, I suspect that testing was done with 5.2-release. This particular version was tagged in CVS ~August 2012 which means that there has been five months of development since. The developers are more interested in the behaviour of the code found at the head of CVS, so I would suggest testing with -current (which is now 5.3-beta...) and compare & contrast to the results of your earlier testing. If you are unfamiliar with the differences between -release & -current, see Section 5.1 of the FAQ.

Secondly, I will caution you about confrontational wording, & suggest you consider the politics involved. Wording such as "Throughput is horrible!" may cause developers to ignore your thread as opposed to "I'm seeing a threshold at 870Mbps; does anyone have experience with tuning for a faster rate?"

Thirdly, you might consider posting to tech@ as not all developers read misc@ on a regular basis, but be forewarned that posts on tech@ require concrete evidence substantiating the issue(s) described.

Again, developers do not regularly frequent this site. Few members here are networking professionals, & far fewer have experience or knowledge with the implementation details associated with OpenBSD's networking stack.

Last edited by ocicat; 6th February 2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: added information about Section 5.1...