View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th February 2009
Port Guard

Default Annoying message during install

So I booted up the 4.4 CD, and starting from when it asks me (I)nstall, (U)pgrade or (S)hell, it keeps repeating "pckbcintr: no dev for slot 1" going down the screen randomly. Sometimes it stops, but other times it repeats for like 5-10 lines. But I can still move along with the installation just fine, nonetheless. It just distorts my typing vision because I'm typing something on one line, and suddenly it displays this message repeatedly a few times, and I forget if I made a space after a letter or not. But it still works, except this message is annoying and I don't know what it means.

Also, during the Network Configuration stage, I have to configure manually because I use wireless. So I can do "ifconfig ath0 up" and it works fine (my wireless card starts blinking) but I have WEP enabled and my SSID is set to invisible so it does not broadcoast publicly. So I did "ifconfig ath0 up mode 11g nwid myinvisiblessid nwkey 0xHexKeyHere" (The hex key is 26 characters or something). But it gives me a couple lines of error message, but I forgot to write it down so I'll have to try to install OpenBSD again (I needed internet to post this question so I switched OS on the computer). But I don't see any blinking lights on my wireless card like I did with just "ifconfig ath0 up".