View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th January 2009
Port Guard

Thanks a lot for your help so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
Before examining PF rules in detail, check first to see if sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding is set to 1. IPv4 packets will not be routed without this.
Oh right!, the sysctl. Sorry but I forgot to mention that I did set it to 1 using "sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding=1" (or something like that) and the output from sysctl confirmed the change. I have also changed the configuration file in /etc/sysctl.conf.

Quote:
It looks fine, except that the "pass" may not do what you expect it to, and there may be additional filter rules needed. ...
About the PF-rule. Hmm...then im not following here. I thought "pass" ment that I didnt need to set any other rules. For the case of testing I added "pass log quick all" but I got nothing in the log. Any ideas here?

Quote:
No.
Ok, so I wont need a bridge here. Then ill remove it.

Quote:
This is unrelated to NAT. You will want to provide DHCP users with the appropriate configuration. At minimum, this is an IP address, a netmask, a default route. While DNS servers may be optional in a private network with no Internet access, they aren't optional for Internet use.
Hehe, true. The reason I mentioned it was that I thought that maybe the server (router) must act like a "DNS proxy" or something. So my dhcpd should be ok as it is then.

(EDIT)
This is weird...When using "pass log quick all" and doing a ssh from the laptop to the server I get a connection but nothing is shown in the PF-log.

/Quaxo

Last edited by Quaxo; 25th January 2009 at 07:32 PM.