View Single Post
Old 28th June 2008
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatux View Post
I don't know if I'd stick with PPC, though. If you're a web developer, then lack of flash might be interfere with that, if you ever need to use it.
yes I need flash ...

The reason why I want to switch is the performance and the price for further computers. My business is quite small at the moment, only two Macs so I am at the beginning and now the question is: Is is possible to use Open source only software for web development, to reduce costs to a minimum. And while switching from closed source on the mac side I noticed that I do not have to persuade a Mac to have all those open source applications they are all available on freebsd as well. So if it is possible to get the same fast workflow (which is based on the graphical user interface) on an cheaper computer that would be perfect ! And I guess a lot developers on the Mac side think similar, there is so much user entertainment stuff in nowadays Mac OS that slows down the system and I do not need all these. I want more performance instead and more options to customize my operation system. So as Apple locks down the customization I am looking for an alternative operation system to replace the Apple system.
my own small forum:pro-connect.co.cc