View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th November 2008
More noise than signal

What you've posted does not help.

It is only the xorg.conf, and from it I can see that you are not using custom modelines, and, that is configured to use just use 1280x1024. This is not enough information to diagnose the problem.

The Xorg.0.log that I have ask for, four times so far, might show why the refresh rate is set to 75 Hz. It might. Of course, you would need the log from a time when you were running 1152x865 in order to see if it shows a warning, error, or configuration assumption that is applicable to your trouble.

You stated that you'd read FAQ 11.3, and followed it. If that is the case, you would have seen a discussion of the xrandr(4) tool, and seen an example of it's output showing refresh rates for each configured resolution. In addition to using the tools the FAQ already pointed out to you, you might Google for "modeline generator" and try to edit your xorg.conf yourself with fixed clocking values.

Will I ask for your dmesg or the Xorg log a fifth time? No, I won't. I am giving up on this problem, because you ignore repeated attempts I've made to get you to provide the information I've asked you for. You are on your own, now, unless someone with more patience is willing to try to help you.

Last edited by jggimi; 12th November 2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: clarity & modeline