View Single Post
Old 1st January 2010
./dev/null

Quote:
Maybe OpenBSD does not support hostap mode with your adapter properly or your adapter sets some strange hardware modes.
The hostap mode is supported on the atheros (5212) chipset, it was both my iwi and iwn that do not support it

Quote:
Oh maybe you have enable auto-power down or auto sleep? I've read somewhere that my adapter doesn't support that correctly.
Correct those chipset do not fare well with power savings at all, i was trying to connect from my IPod touch, and another notebook, both same HAL error.

I was researching the ral and rum and those both do support what i am after, unfortunitly i do not have one of those chipsets, i have a Linksys wireless N (not supported by OpenBSD) that ima looking to trade off, also a couple other PCMCIA adaptors.

Quote:
It's more an issue what kind of traffic my firewall blocks or does not forward
Have you tried "set skip on rum0" in your pf.conf file? I use the following to nat on all non $EXT interfaces, not sure what your pf.conf looks like but those packets are being passed in;

Code:
nat on $EXT from !$EXT:network to any -> ($EXT)
I did not get past the entering the password for the wifi network, it failed and dumped "ath0: unable to reset hardware; hal status 3633410968" to dmesg every time