Thread: pf.conf help?
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2018
Shell Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
She then filters the VPN traffic logs for matching traffic over the VPN.
So they need the logs to do it.

In their sales pitch some VPNs go to great pains to say they do not log and have no data to give anyone that might demand it, while others say they do log. So if they are taking their customer's money while doing the exact opposite of what their sales pitch says, they are committing fraud and should be prosecuted.

I find it hard to believe they must all be crooks, but the way the world is turning so Orwellian, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Even if they are government controlled they still have their uses, like putting a protective barrier between ordinary citizens and other citizens, as well as corporate entities who want to collect everything they can on individuals and sell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
That *is* Interesting. Though up above you previously discredited Tor.
I read that in an article. Could be true, could be FUD the government agencies are spreading. I also read cracking Tor was their top priority at one point - China, Russia, USA.

The VPN I mention also accept crypto currencies through Tor. They also give you 3 VPN connections so you can divide up your traffic. I assume that would make it even harder to track the ones that use it.