View Single Post
Old 29th August 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Hey, I'm all for old-fashioned if it works!

Is there anyway to sort of... I don't know, re-install the whole ports and packaging system? I think I may have really done some damage. For kicks I tried to install a different client (in this case deluge) through the pkg_add command - it appeared to finish (it's hard to follow, I have a HighPoint RAID management app installed and any time I install ANYTHING else I get dozens of "hptsvr-https-1.4 has no origin recorded" messages). But when I run it by typing "deluge" I got errors - as though it installed but something was wrong. So I tried to pkg_delete and it said the package wasn't installed.

Okay...

So I went to the port directory and did a make deinstall. It finished, and when I tried to run it it actually said not found. Well, that's better. Then I did a make install clean, and that eventually gives me a the same error as the transmission install that fails:

gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Ugh. Do I just need to get a list of installed ports and start uninstalling EVERYTHING and start from freaking scratch? 'Cause I'll do it if I have to!