View Single Post
Old 10th March 2009
Spam Deminer

Respectfully, I think you're making arguments where there may be none- I agree with your points from the perspective in which you make them. My perspective was of the information contained within communications, not the obfuscation of some kind of the communications themselves. I may have not been clear.

I offer this analogy- You may understandably not want traffic cameras at toll booths snapping shots of the interior of your car, but are you going to avoid taking the toll road altogether because they're going to possibly take a snapshot of you passing the toll booth itself?

On the use of HTTPS, I thought it to be (and still do) sufficiently widespread for the types of communications the OP was referring to- banking, email, etc. NOT, for instance... this site . The lack of widespread HTTPS adoption is not HTTPS' fault- it's a fault of your local handyman webmaster .

Lastly, and again respectfully, if your bank is sending your account numbers in the URL's of your online communications... tis' time to get a new bank. And fast.

Last edited by ai-danno; 10th March 2009 at 05:54 AM.