View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex View Post
... If you know any other way to run openvpn 2.1rc7 on stable OpenBSD, please share.
I am --successfully-- running openVPN-2.1_rc7 on general release openBSD 4.3. Nothing fancy required, except my three #include *.h fixes. To recap...

1. running openBSD 4.3 (ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4..../install43.iso);
  2. sourced openVPN-2.1_rc7 (ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/openvpn-2.1_rc7.tar.gz)
  3. fixed up tun.c with the three #include .h cited in my earlier post; and
  4. ran ./configure --disable-lzo (because I was in a hurry and skipped the separate downloads)
  5. make
  6. make install
  7. On the production machine (not the build machine), created/mimicked the _openvpn uid/gid framework that the "official" 2.0.n packages, not ports, would create
  8. transferred from the build machine to the production machine the freshly make'd 2.1rc7 openvpn (executable) and the openvpn.8 man page to the production gateway box and started using it.
Wrestled a bit with the server.ovpn config and the pf.conf (I'm about to post that separately), but otherwise the 2.1rc7 and un-changed openBSD 4.3 is running just perfectly.

/S