View Single Post
Old 17th August 2015
More noise than signal

The pppd(8) man page says of defaultroute:
Quote:
defaultroute

Add a default route to the system routing tables, using the peer as the gateway, when IPCP negotiation is successfully completed. This entry is removed when the PPP connection is broken. This option is privileged if the nodefaultroute option has been specified.
There is no operand for the option. It will add a default route using the address of the peer once IPCP negotiation (IP address assignment) has completed.

Since you now have the expected IP address of Telcel's peer, you can adapt this address as was shown in the umsm(4) man page example. Add a line which sets this address for the remote peer, then an option to allow the remote peer to revise the address.
Code:
:10.64.64.64
ipcp-accept-remote
The IP address line has a leading colon, so that it is used as a remote address. And the option which follows permits this address to be changed. This is described in the pppd(8) man page here:
Quote:
[local_IP_address]:[remote_IP_address]

Set the local and/or remote interface IP addresses. Either one may be omitted. The IP addresses can be specified with a host name or in decimal dot notation (e.g., 150.234.56.78). The default local address is the (first) IP address of the system (unless the noipdefault option is given). The remote address will be obtained from the peer if not specified in any option. Thus, in simple cases, this option is not required. If a local and/or remote IP address is specified with this option, pppd will not accept a different value from the peer in the IPCP negotiation, unless the ipcp-accept-local and/or ipcp-accept-remote options are given, respectively.
Sorry about having you do all the testing, but I haven't used PPP for anything in 20 years, predating my OpenBSD experience, and I've never been a Telcel customer.