Thread: Useful docs
View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd October 2009
Port Guard

i think you misinterpret the intention of my OP.

To clarify

Quote:
i understand the rationale that everything you really need is in the man pages and faq
Im not trying to suggest a docmentation arms race, the cause for the volume and quality of docs for bsd as opposed to linux is quite explicit. Sorry i didnt make that clear enough.

In fact my original aim was for documents supportive to unix in general, that also ran parallel to openbsd-centric subjects such as networking and cryptography.

Quote:
iv found myself having to look a little closer to get usable supplementary information that is openbsd specific
I realise i should have expanded on this statement further to avoid confusion, however the keyword here is 'supplementary'.

In fact, my steadfast opinion is that
Quote:
Howto documents can be used as preliminary information, but manpages speak the truth
to that end
Quote:
i thought it would be fun excerise to try and collate useful sources of documentation
and as you very correctly put
Quote:
Maybe the documentation which is dredged up is correct; maybe it isn't.
so i began this thread to ask the more experienced members on some proven recommendations
Quote:
Id like to hear of any documentation that has proved useful to the more experienced users out there.

Again im sorry i didnt take the time to make my OP more clear, ill bear this in mind when posting in future.