View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetsmoker View Post
Well, you can do three things:

o Stop looking and the OS and start looking at the applications, the OS isn't *that* important, applications are, and many applications for UNIX just plain suck.

o Stop complaining about FreeBSD that ``must'' do X, or ``should'' implement feature Y and start working on it, either by programming, recruiting, raising funds, whatever ... Just sitting and complaining isn't constructive and a waste of time.

o If you're not prepared to start working on it, then suck it up or use another OS.

There is a point where helpful criticism stops, the flash player issues comes back again and again and again and again, if we were to put all the flash threads on the various forums/lists in one place I fear it would collapse in on itself and start to absorb light.
The MacOSX is the best desktop operating system around and above all it is pure UNIX under the hood... The problem is that the Apple hardware is very expensive and at this period I have not enough money to buy it (as thousands of other users).
Until then, I will stick on the FreeBSD as a desktop (and suck it up eventually), anyways I found working with FreeBSD very pleasing.

The flash player issue is the major missing thing that stops FreeBSD from growing it's popularity on the desktop market, that's why there are thousands posts worldwide on every forum, plus this one.
If I had strong knowledge of C,C++ or whatever needed language, I could put my effort on this. Now the only thing I can do is to donate a few bucks for this purpose.

I have to say that sharing some times your opinions about some obvious issues - IMHO - Ι don't think it is that harmful. Anyways, I am not intending to touch this subject again.

Last edited by harisman; 23rd August 2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Corrections..