View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd December 2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureo View Post
What value/section I need to modify for enable microphone?
Simply providing mixerctl(1) output doesn't provide much detail about your hardware. Providing complete dmesg(8) output would have been better. Nevertheless, here are a few things you should check:
  • Section 13 of the official FAQ is the information most here would use to help you diagnose your audio woes. Reviewing this yourself should be your first step towards finding a solution.
  • I would suggest that you play with all numerical values, pushing them to their limits at 255. Many values are seen in your mixerctl(1) outputs are set at midway values -- 126.
  • While the following from your mixerctl(1) output specifically references speaker output:
    Code:
    outputs.spkr_mute=on
    You may want to set this to "off" given that the audio chip may be connecting the speakers & microphone together. I cannot give any more of a definitive answer because I don't know anything about your installed audio chip.
These are not guaranteed solutions. Manufacturers of audio chips are known to disable common outputs or connect them together (amidst the manufacture of the same product line...) meaning that you will simply have to play with the values to see if microphone input can be enabled.

Good luck.

Last edited by ocicat; 23rd December 2016 at 12:07 AM. Reason: add clarity