View Single Post
Old 30th June 2008
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddierod View Post
Since I have a DLink Wireless N router and Gigabit hub at home, why should they be avoided??
Because for the same amount of money, you would get a much better networking gears. It works for you, thats good, but you should be aware you have better choices, so why dont make yourseft being a happy camper?

Quote:
Linksys, Buffalo networking gears are cheap, much better hardware specs, durable and fully customisable.
I would add solid build and stability to what I said. The memory for a popular Dlink router is so poor, it can hold ~500 entries in the NAT table, compare to 4096 entries in a popular Linksys, buffalo router running open source firmware. Once you run p2p application you see what I mean. The restart is also required because it runs very hot and sometimes, it randomly reboots by itself.

I experienced all the above issues and they are also confirmed by most Dlink users.

You dont have those issues? Perhaps what you bought are hi-end networking stuff and they are treated differently, I dont know

Btw, the bloody Dlink 302G I owned 2 years ago can only be configured in IE. How pathetic!