Thread: Redox os
View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th August 2017
Tcpdump Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddierod View Post
Looking at that programming language list, swift and node.js aren't even languages they are JavaScript libraries, I just hate that people consider them languages and once they aren't "cool" anymore they are dead weights. We replaced all our jQuery with are own home grown JS libraries, much easier to maintain and don't have to worry about the cool effect.
The question was about which *technology* you like/dislike, so nodejs or React are okay choices for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddierod View Post
I was looking at Go last week and I like it also...just need something to do with it.
This is often a problem for my pet projects: on one hand I'd like to learn something new, but on the other hand I want to just get on with it and make something useful reasonably fast without getting bogged down in a new language.

I find that the older I get, the less patience I have for playing or mucking about with various technologies "for the fun of it". Life's too short, and after you've learned a handful of languages (or "technologies" in general) there are diminishing returns.