View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2012
More noise than signal

Your OpenBSD-current system is, as I had suspected, from a time when libc 61.0 was in use. It is now out-of-date and unusable for ports building with an up-to-date tree.

Your solution is one of the two choices I recommended above. Upgrade and remove installed and built packages, or re-install.

You must always keep your ports tree in sync with your system. The ports tree tarball you are using is posted daily for convenience; but it is still your responsibility to keep things in sync, and, when errors occur like this one, it is your responsibility to discover the root cause for yourself, and correct them yourself.

Even if you were to build -current from source and match your ports tree to the same time time window, you are not guaranteed to be free from all possible sync issues, due to the nature of development activity with the base code and the ports tree. In one of my quotes from FAQ 15, above, you should note that ports are not even guaranteed to build. And that may happen to you even when libraries are in sync. There are many interdependent components within the ports tree and /usr/lib.

----

Normally, only an upgrade would be needed. But I am recommending a clean out of the packages you had built and installed because you did so when the base was significantly behind the ports tree. Those successful packages are suspect, and it is safer to replace them.