View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th July 2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronForge View Post
Instead of trying to fix it, I decided to go with OpenBSD for the increased security.
As a caution, security is a process & has to be dealt with as a whole. Throwing OpenBSD at a problem may or may not fix an ill-defined situation. If access is the fundamental issue, you may want to focus on how access is being acheieved -- firewall rules, physical access to the boxen, etc.
Quote:
I tried to build Xenocara again - making sure that I had the -STABLE tree checked out. I'm getting the same errors - posted the last pkg the build was working on:

===> lib/libdrm/intel
cc -O2 -pipe -g -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr.c -o intel_bufmgr.o
cc -O2 -pipe -g -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_fake.c -o intel_bufmgr_fake.o
cc -O2 -pipe -g -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c -o intel_bufmgr_gem.o
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c: In function `drm_intel_bufmgr_gem_init':
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1412: error: `I915_PARAM_NUM_FENCES_AVAIL' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1412: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1412: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1
Two issues:
  • As a minor terminology nit, packages are not the result of building Xenocara. The build process is creating object files, binaries, & libraries. Packages are created only through the ports system.
  • The error provided gives an indication to what is occurring. According to the CVS Web interface for xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...1.2;r2=1.1;f=h

The symbol I915_PARAM_NUM_FENCES_AVAIL is introduced in 4.5-current (now 4.6-current). It was not available in the OPENBSD_4_5 CVS branch. It appears that you have not downloaded the source base for 4.5-stable.
Quote:
xobj was wiped out per the FAQ, should I have cleared out any other directory before my 2nd attempt?
No, however the wrong source branch appears to have been downloaded. To build Xenocara for 4.5-stable, the appropriate steps are:

# cd /usr
# cvs -qdanoncvs@anoncvs.example.org:/cvs checkout -rOPENBSD_4_5 -P xenocara
# cd /usr/xenocara
# rm -rf /usr/xobj/*
# make bootstrap
# make obj
# make build

You will want to delete the contents of /usr/xenocara/* & /usr/xobj/* before attempting again.