View Single Post
Old 31st December 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Has anyone ever thought that, undoubtedly, this plan, apart from increasing Microsoft's revenue (otherwise, they wouldn't be doing it) it will also be an opportunity for some people to take advantage of?
How many people pay for their cell phone devices? None. They all pay it indirectly but it is easier for them even if the cost is higher.

Microsoft:
Quote:
But the company admitted that the overall cost to the user might be higher than for a standard PC purchase. "Although the cost of ownership over the life of the computer may be higher than that of a one-time purchase, the payments can be deferred and the user can extend the useful life of the computer beyond that of the one-time purchase machine,"
At least the say it clearly

JMJ_coder:
Quote:
Mine, they used to charge you a fee if you didn't use your phone at all for a month. Now, they switched to if you don't add more money to your phone, they take all the money on the account - regardless of usage or balance. So say you put on $10,000 and a month or two later you still have a $3000 balance -- no need to put more money on yet as there is still plenty. Wrong, the company just confiscated that $3000!
Were I you, I'd change company.

TerryP:
Quote:
Honestly, if they push t his thing home -> I think it will be either what saves Microsoft as king, or puts the nail on their coffen. Hell, everyone who believes in computer privacy will be up in arms if it ever comes to pass.
Honestly, I don't think that such a thing can be done on an individual level because of the reason you just mentioned (privacy). But for a company... a SLA is more than enough for both sides. And that is where Microsoft is looking at.