View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th January 2012
Too dumb for a smartphone

Hi gillindu,

I'm not familiar with tools to re-size a NetBSD partition, so I can't answer some of your questions about that, but a few general comments might be helpful.

Any resizing would have to stay within the NetBSD slice of the disk, which is E8 on your fdisk output and c: on your disklabel output (also, d: on the disklabel output refers to the whole disk). Since there are other extended partitions on either side of the NetBSD one, the possibility of expanding the NetBSD slice would seem to be nil unless you eliminated the neighbours, probably/perhaps not an option for you.

One thing you could consider is to create a new Linux ext2 partition outside of the NetBSD slice and use it (or redeploy an existing partition). It could be defined in your disklabel to replace one of the other many DOS and Linux partitions if you don't use it from NetBSD. Then the new ext2 one could be mounted in the NetBSD filesystem wherever you want. To create an ext2 that NetBSD can work with you need to use the following options at mke2fs time:

Code:
-I 128 -O ^dir_index
This is admittedly not the ideal solution but it could be considered to get something workable if other ideas don't pan out.