View Single Post
Old 30th January 2012
Port Guard

Excuse me, are you sure it should go with that regex metacharacter? (Why?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdOp View Post
Code:
-I 128 -O ^dir_index
When, under Linux, I try to run an operation on that partition (with sfdisk, or parted), I'm getting "
Code:
Error: File system has an incompatible feature enabled. 
Compatible features are has_journal, dir_index, filetype,
sparse_super and large_file. Use tune2fs or debugfs to
remove features.
And why do I need to run an operation (move) on it? Because I've come to the point to do the first trial (not only a trial, it's also a step in my proceeding) with the NetBSD install shell. (I've already done two trials with re-arranging the existing partitions inside disklabel.) Good news - it works (I mean disklabel from the install shell). Bad news - it have found that my partitions (wd0h and its new neighbor) were overlapping. (Of course, it's also a good news, rather then bad, as it doesn't let you go on if your partitions are overlapping). What I've done? I've created two ext2 partitions next to the NetBSD's one, at its right side. The first one (the one in the middle) is meant to serve just as a placeholder for the future NetBSD partition (unnecessary step, of course, but, I think it can make the proceeding more clear and I can prepare the disklabel - apart of wd0c - as well as /etc/fstab - apart of partition type). The second one happens to be wanted (it should be the "parking place" for VMware guest OS's I've got the idea a couple of posts above), but, I would have created a (temporary) partition in any case - to serve me as a marker, as a delimiter of the free space when I delete the first one to make room to enlarge the slice. So, since I plan to continue to use that partition the way I've said, I've created it with your option, but, I've got a problem. Now, I'm going to debug it, since in this moment I don't need to have it available for NetBSD, but, the question stays about the latter use. BTW, it's a very small overlapping (126 sectors) and I've just put my new partition at the beginning of the free space I had been presented, but, it seems that Linux partitioning programs are getting a bit confused with the NetBSD slice.