View Single Post
Old 6th June 2008
UNIX lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottro View Post
Errm, why? Pulse audio? You wear a Fedora? I use it because we use CentOS at work--at present, now that the AR5007EG wireless works with 64 bit I just installed 64 bit and upgraded to rawhide. Sound doesn't work well, and I can't get nspluginwrapper to work--I don't know *what* they did with it this time, rather than creating an nspluginwrapper command it has a directory in /usr/lib/exec with some things in it, and of course, the documentation seems to have nothing to do with it.

Hrrm--wife, and guess why.... Cute backgrounds? Ok, that's my guess, cute backgrounds.
In the days when I had more BSD time and only used Linux because I wanted flash 9 and virtualization (Sorry vermaden, but you have to allow we old timers some perks) I just used Arch.

Now, here's the embarrassing part. One can actually make a CentOS or Fedora minimalistic installation. However, I'm lazy--I tend to put in all sorts of things at the beginning so I don't have to go back and do them later. For instance, you can install it without X, without gnome, without cups, etc. etc. However, I don't. (looks abashedly at his feet
No it's quiet easy: Flash (9) and some working hardware.