View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th July 2008
Port Guard

Thanks JMJ_coder. I completely missed the T-3300 and T-3310 in the list of cases. According to the Logic Supply site, the LN motherboard will fit in the T-3300 but not the T-3310. I guess it may have something to do with the size of the heatsink. Like you said, it definitely makes sense to go with a fanless case if I have a fanless motherboard. As all of the cases I've been looking at come with power supplies, I may stick with them for the moment, though the Pico looks very nice.

I have been leaning towards the hard drive rather than a CF for space more than anything. I'll have to think about this some more. The CF would use less power and would probably be cheaper than the HDD, but it does have limited storage space.

The USB install sounds promising. I have a 1 GB stick lying around here somewhere. I'll have to look around and see what this involves. I did see that the above cases do not have room for CD/DVD-ROM drives, but I think as long as I can do another type of install, it should be fine. I would only really need the CD/DVD drive once during the install - I can always back up my data from the network and burn it on one of my other computers.

As far as the timeline for ordering my system, I'd like to get it done pretty soon rather than wait for the new lineup. Then again I guess there's always something better coming out, so I might as well bite the bullet and just get my system now