View Single Post
Old 10th October 2009
Tcpdump Spy

Quote:
Secondly, whoo ha! The ATOM 330 is pretty darn quick. Here's my mono-core P4 3 GHz DDR machine.
[...]
Your 1.6 Ghz clock is a full one second faster then my 3 Ghz clock rate for the same work units.
Well, this is not really a fair comparison. There are many factors affecting CPU speed, not just the clock speed, that's just what the brainwash division at Intel has been telling people for years
This is especially true considering you are running a P4 netburst piece of junk (Sorry, but I have strong feelings towards those).

Quote:
Anyone out there with am openBSD-ATOM 330 ... ?
Probably in a month orso if you can wait that long ...

Quote:
Well, you've assured one thing -- my asterisk/freePBX telephony box is going ATOM 330 from it's P4.
Power efficiency is a big advantage the Atom has over the P4. Actually, the power of my box is measured so I should have some numbers on that, but I'm not sure where I can see them

IMO this board has a very good price/quality ratio. How many 125$ boards (incl. CPU) do you know where you can control the BIOS over serial line? Even on many 400$ boards you can't.