View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd July 2010
Package Pilot

Quote:
No expert here...
It takes an expert to come-up with the combination of keywords like you just demonstrated. I thought I was good at it but now I know better ways.

drones.com is the kind of tutor I like. They talk like real people and tell their true experence instead of trying to please one group, the possible big money topic or us. As they teach they cover many other things that sometime is deeply relates to task at hand that you're interested in ... like this statement that answered the problem of what I notice all along but still had to accept what the docs or tutor instrustions say until I figure out how to ask the question so it don't get over-looked in the bunch. Now the bunch has to be answered just to get back to the main question. I have even have more question while reading pf and the rest.

PPPoE
Quote:
Yes, again more stupid special cases for PPPoE. For one thing, your IP address from the outside keeps changing so all the stuff about dsl.rev doesn't apply.
Yes this one really had me because dsl.rev made me relate the statement to dns1 which did not work but it did work when I replaced it with the resolv address given. No one told the author that and how was he to know in the first place when phone and cable companies play against the rules to keep the money flowing. He did not read drones.com nor did the document writer of pf. How can these authors notice everything that can change at any given time.

This is suppose to use DSL Primary and Secondary DNS... It don't work and only your drones.com may be explaining why WoW!!!
Code:
dns1 = "{69.22.11.5, 69.22.11.6.}" # my ISP's Domain name server IP address
dhcp = "69.22.11.7"                # my ISP's DHCP server IP address
This was my temporary fix that may been my problem all along but how am I to know when now it's running but maybe "not REALLY" I know it sounds crazy, but better it than me ... Thank you jb_daefo .. I did not read it all but those few lines is about to tell me the whole story. What ever the case, it is somehow related even if only increase of imagination of how, why, when and what to do about it. How lucky can one get.

This is backward but it caused something to start working:
Code:
dns1 = "192.168.1.245"  # my resolv
dhcp = "68.xx.158.x"    # 1 number above my Secondary DNS:
Thanks again jb_daefo, you made my day. Making coffee now for a great night of reading.

Last edited by sharris; 2nd July 2010 at 10:40 PM.