View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2012
VPN Cryptographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
Thanks, but if Brother did that they'd be violating RFC 1149 and they have other printers that are known to work with LPD just fine. My thought was they might be using one of their standard operating systems for a less than completely functional printer, and that the OS doesn't know the capabilities aren't actually present. For example, nothing in the specs mentions Postscript or BR Script, but the printer lists on operational Postscript service via Telnet.
I have a brother laser printer (hl-4040cdn), so maybe this doesn't apply to the inkjet...but I had to go into the configuration page and set treat LF as CR/LF to print correctly.

CUPS only worked sometimes for me so I switched to using LPD. I finally got LPD to work by making a custom filter to translate PS to PCL (again, not sure if this applies to the inkjet world). But anyway, here's the link to how I can not print without problem, it's FreeBSD but should work on OpenBSD.

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/...dprinting.html