View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th June 2009
More noise than signal

I will help you, kla, with the OpenBSD-specific configuration bits. But only if you do the hardware and network configuration. And I will give you guidance, but not step-by-step instructions. For step-by-step instructions your professor will have to give me credits for completing your course.

If you're still interested, you may start by answering these questions:

Internet Connection
  1. Your Internet connection is (static / dynamic)?
  2. If static, what is your IP address, netmask, default route, and DNS server pool address(es)? Do not post real Internet IP addresses publicly . Please hide the address. e.g.: x.x.x.4 may be used instead of 1.2.3.4.
Local Network
  1. Your local subnet is (private / exposed to the Internet)?
  2. What is the subnet's block of addresses? Hide if these are real Internet addresses, as above.
  3. Do the devices on the network obtain dynamic IP addresses, or are they statically assigned?
  4. If dynamic, will OpenBSD be providing IP addresses or will another server on the local subnet provide them?
  5. If OpenBSD is providing IP addresses, what is the address range within your subnet for dynamic addresses?
  6. Do you have any servers on the local net with static IP addresses, other than the OpenBSD router? What are their IP addresses? If exposed to the Internet, please hide, as above.
OpenBSD
  1. What release/flavor of OpenBSD are you using? e.g.: 4.5-release, 4.4-stable, -current.
  2. What is the driver and device number of your Internet NIC? e.g.: vr0
  3. What is the driver and device number of the NIC for your local network? e.g.: ne3