Thread: HIgher math
View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th February 2013
Banned

A few questions and opinions that may be without any logic or reason:
1. A point is a one dimensional object in space; yet, would a point also be a four dimensional object if it exists for more than one moment in time? I see time as the fourth dimension and not the tesseract example so commonly referred to.
2. It seems that some believe that a point is both a one dimensional and zero dimensional object while others believe that a zero dimensional object has no mass. I can understand why an object would be one/two/three dimensional and four dimensional at the same time- along with other factors- but not as zero and one simultaneously. On the latter group, what would light be considered as or even other wave-energy forms? These would still need a fourth dimensional property- the same for higher dimensional values- to exist or even be observed in our plane.
3. Higher math uses the concept of division by zero in infinity. Why isn't this implemented in computer programming? Is the difficulty in setting a character value or in separating the function i.e. to prevent a system crash?
4. One of the basic concepts of string theory is that all things occur at the same moment. Now this brings up the idea that everything is a single moment and a single instance. Is it possible that the uni(multi)verse is but one in an infinite series and that the process is repeating itself infinitely? (Ha ha! I made a joke.)
5. A circle has 1,296,000 points if you include all minutes, degrees and seconds. Yes, I am aware if you do not overlap 0 and 360 then the total can be 1,295,999. Would these points also have a negative value? If the circle is large enough that the area between seconds is one foot or greater- let's say a meter- then what would be the value of those points in between each two seconds? Would the exist as micro, nano, etc or would the vale be one of infinity plus X?