View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd April 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Default multiple ftp accounts into one folder - workaround [SOLVED]

Ok. So as you can see, besides samba and it's mod-acl (or whatever it's called) I need to do much more. Part of this 'take over my entire computer' scheem are some ftp accounts. Easy to say, but harder to achieve because these ftp accounts will share the same folder. Here's the schematics:

/mnt
-/folder1
-/folder5

So I need a total of 6 accounts; one for /mnt folder, and one for each sub-folder it containes. Now, browsing through the internet I could not find a way to achieve this (ran into some problems). First I created the "master" account wich points directly at /mnt. Tested, working. Now, I create an account for each of /mnt's child-folders; cannot connect through ftp whatever I do; no logs/nothing (pure-ftpd with unix authentification). Could not solve this in any way. If any of you have any ideas, do tell. Meen whille I'm on the tail of why doesn't my ftp daemon print anything with '-dd' option set.

So I did a workaround. This consists of 5 ftp accounts pointing at somewere else (I choose /home/ftpacounts/'name') and creating a symbolic link to each folder. It works, yes. However, I'm not satisfied with the way i've done it. I believe that there is (or should be) a "cleaner" way of achieving this. Unfortunatelly, I was unable to find it/figure it out (yet).

Last edited by da1; 3rd April 2009 at 10:17 PM.